[pypy-dev] Fwd: Interest in contributing to PYPY

Djimeli Konrad djkonro35 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 04:46:31 EDT 2016

Hello,

As discoursed on IRC, I am trying to develop a parser for Jitviewer,
that is not dependent on rpython for my first patch. I am new to Pypy
and I would like to get some help/pointer that would help me
accomplish this task. Mainly resources on how log files are generated.
I would also like to get more details on what improvements are to be
done with respect Jitviewer, for GSOC 2016, as application are about
to start.

So far in trying to generate a log file, I have tried the following commands;

PYPYLOG=jit-backend:/home/konro/jitviewer/logfile pypy ../source.py
(to generate the log file)
and I got the following output http://pastebin.com/xv7nS1i2
But when I try to view the file with Jitviewer, I get errors
http://pastebin.com/LFBB12sj

Please I need some help to identify what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Konrad