[pypy-dev] release seems ready

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Mar 18 07:13:51 EDT 2016

Hi again,

On 17 March 2016 at 17:27, Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> wrote:
> On 17 March 2016 at 16:13, Pim van der Eijk (Lists)
> <lists at sonnenglanz.net> wrote:
>> There is a new lxml release as of today,  unfortunately there is an issue:
>> https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/issues/2260/pypy-500-dumps-core-with-lxml-360
>
> Yes, it's what we get when both sides (lxml and pypy) are half-hearted
> about supporting the other.  The lxml tests seem to pass, but that may
> be because they are small.  Many bigger and longer-running processes
> seem to crash like that.  I'm investigating.

Fixed in 0173cdbbbacc, which then seems to work with lxml even on
these larger examples.  I'd love some more testing before we do the
5.0.1 bugfix release.  Please try with a version of PyPy on the
"release-5.x" branch recent enough to contain a09a60a9c381; an Ubuntu
precompiled version is here:

http://buildbot.pypy.org/nightly/release-5.x/pypy-c-jit-83125-a09a60a9c381-linux64.tar.bz2