[pypy-dev] Create own windows distribution - Borrowing from github repo and conda

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun May 8 09:56:19 EDT 2016

Hi Sayth,

We're fully open to people doing this kind of packaging.  From
our point of view it is a good idea, as long as the packaging is
kept up-to-date with reasonably recent releases of PyPy.  If you
want to start such a project, you are welcome to.  Such a project
for Windows would be particularly welcome: none of the core PyPy
developers use Windows at all, so the platform tends to be left
behind...

(I'll sneak in this e-mail a notice that repeats our position
about 64-bit versions of PyPy for Windows.  There are two ways
for this to ever occur: either a third party contributes major
amounts of code and support; or someone pays us for the work
and for the future support (*business* rates, though not necessarily
on the expensive side of that scale---contact pypy-z at python.org).)