[pypy-dev] PyPy & Django: recommended mySQL module?

Omer Katz omer.drow at gmail.com
Mon May 9 04:18:24 EDT 2016

Postgres has better support for PyPy through
https://github.com/chtd/psycopg2cffi and you can integrate it with Django
easily.
If you don't have to use MySQL maybe it's a good idea to use Postgres
instead.

Depending on what you need, you'll get much better performance and
versatility with Postgres IMO.
If this is a pet project it probably doesn't matter but for production use
cases Postgres has superior schema alteration mechanism that mostly doesn't
require downtime and starting from 9.6 it will be able to execute queries
in parallel so you'll see better performance there.

‫בתאריך יום א׳, 8 במאי 2016 ב-14:32 מאת ‪Yury V. Zaytsev‬‏ <‪yury at shurup.com
‬‏>:‬