[pypy-dev] Colo in Germany for the Windows build slave?

Wouter van Heijst wouter.pypy at richtlijn.be
Wed Nov 2 04:48:15 EDT 2016

On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 18:20:35 +0100, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> Hi Matti,
>
> >Not that I live anywhere near Cologne, but maybe better defining the
> >request might help tease out a response here...
>
> You are right, maybe speaking sysadmin lingo wasn't the smartest idea on my
> part, but then again, not sure anyone who's not using the word "colo"
> everyday is going to be able to help...
>
> >When you say "colo to host it", what are you actually looking for?
> >Electricity, airconditioning, and internet connection?
>
> I'm looking for 2U of rack space supplied with electricity and conditioned
> air, and 2 network connections, one to the Internet and one to a private LAN
> for out of band management console; I might get the rails as well, but not
> sure about that, and that's often mount specific anyways.

Within Cologne I'd start with contacting Digitale Kultur e.V. (http://www.digitalekultur.org/en/)
or Chaos Computer Club Cologne e.V. (https://koeln.ccc.de/).  Both have
members familiar with hosting.

Outside of Cologne I'd try something like Hetzner. Bit more than needed,
but 1/3rd of a rack goes for 119€/month.

    https://www.hetzner.de/de/hosting/colocation_rack/drittel

I'll ask some of my ex-colleagues if their MS contacts can help out.

HTH,
Wouter