[pypy-dev] Dontbug: A reversible debugger for PHP (similar in concept to RevDB for Python/PyPy)

Sidharth Kshatriya sid.kshatriya at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:50:07 EDT 2016

Dear All,

There have been some interesting blogs about RevDB a reversible debugger
for Python on the PyPy blog.

I'd like to tell you about Dontbug, a reversible debugger for PHP that I
recently released. Like RevDB, it allows you to debug forwards and
backwards -- but in PHP.

See:
https://github.com/sidkshatriya/dontbug

For a short (1m35s) demo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA76z77KtY0

Why am I talking about this in a PyPy mailing list :-) ? Firstly, because I
think reverse debuggers for dynamic languages are relatively rare -- so its
a good idea that we know about each other! Secondly, the fact that there
are more and more reversible debuggers for various languages every year
means that reverse debugging is definitely entering the mainstream. We
could be at an inflexion point here!

Hope you guys find Dontbug interesting!

Thanks,

Sidharth