[pypy-dev] RFC: draft idea for making for loops automatically close iterators

Alex S. alex0player at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 10:20:08 EDT 2016

That’s a good point, as it means there’s probably no safe & portable way to ensure that kind of stuff. «Trying to collect» something doesn’t really fall short of an actual collection, I believe (finding referers is hard).
But I believe iterclose() defined appropriately on derived iterators would solve that?..