[pypy-dev] Somebody has already provided code objects in assemble_loop of x86/ assembler.py !

Shubha Ramani shubharamani at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 10:41:28 EST 2017

I just downloaded the pypy code. Please inspect the following log and search for 'code object'. This is the
exact data which vtune needs ! How did this happen ? Was it there all along ? Did someone justadd this (perhaps Armin himself) ? The signature for 'assemble_loop' has not changed between the vtune branch (last April) and now. I'm confused.
Also we need the same functionality in 'assemble_bridge'. Would it be hard to add loopname to'assemble_bridge' ? The reason I am assuming assemble_bridge needs the same info is becausein the vtune_branch the vtune API was called from assemble_loop and assemble_bridge.
def assemble_loop(self, jd_id, unique_id, logger, loopname, inputargs,                                   operations, looptoken, log):
def assemble_bridge(self, faildescr, inputargs, operations,                                                original_loop_token, log, logger):