[pypy-dev] cppyy fails to build on gcc 5 and clang

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Tue Jan 17 14:23:16 EST 2017

Hi Tobias,

> https://gist.github.com/oberstet/d260ee15c81954bea8298b7400d04870

those symbols (ZN4ROOT17TGenericClassInfoD1Ev and friends) live in libCore.so
which is installed under site packages and you can link with that. However,
the backend should add all those symbols and make them available to the
linker (it's loaded with RTLD_GLOBAL), so not sure why it doesn't work as-is.

> FWIW, I do think that would be very useful to get started.

Yes; but it's another thing for me to learn (albeit a good thing).

Best regards,
            Wim
--
WLavrijsen at lbl.gov    --    +1 (510) 486 6411    --    www.lavrijsen.net