[pypy-dev] cppyy fails to build on gcc 5 and clang

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:41:06 EST 2017

Am 17.01.2017 um 19:03 schrieb Ryan Gonzalez:
> What happens if you remove the `-stdlib=libc++`? Seems like that's where the
> Clang build error is coming from.

1)
removing explicit stdlib selection leads to the following linker error

https://gist.github.com/oberstet/f75b9618b12b1e61289b147fcfd90bc0#file-gistfile1-txt-L885

makefile target was:
https://github.com/oberstet/scratchbox/blob/master/cpp/capnproto/test1/Makefile#L10

2)
explicitly selecting GNU c++ stdlib for clang results in

https://gist.github.com/oberstet/df1f59b9ce674d8984ee5f9ce045dccb

makefile target was:
https://github.com/oberstet/scratchbox/blob/master/cpp/capnproto/test1/Makefile#L27

3)
when using the gcc-4.9 build of cppyy, and trying the basic example
(http://doc.pypy.org/en/latest/cppyy.html#basic-bindings-example) leads to:

https://gist.github.com/oberstet/d260ee15c81954bea8298b7400d04870

---

so right now I cannot get the basic example working =(