[pypy-dev] Modifying Interpreter-level Object from Application

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Fri Jan 27 11:35:20 EST 2017

Hi Frank,

no, unfortunately there's not really a shortcut to exposing the methods,
functions and attributes via a mixed module, because you need to think
about the semantics of parameter type and result conversion for every
such function anyway.

Do you have trouble to get it to work at all? Or is it just tedious?

If the former, there are some hints about mixed modules here:

http://doc.pypy.org/en/latest/coding-guide.html#implementing-a-mixed-interpreter-application-level-module

For the latter, if you need to do this for absolutely *every*
interpreter level attribute, there may be a way to achieve this effect
with some magic meta-programming, though I'd have to think a bit how.

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich