[pypy-dev] Need to rebuild wheels for every pypy minor version

Daniele Rolando danielerolando90 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 14:47:24 EDT 2017

Hi guys.

Right now pypy wheels names include both the major and minor pypy version
in them: e.g. uWSGI-2.0.14.0.*pp257*-pypy_41-linux_x86_64.whl
This means that if we want to upgrade pypy from 5.7.1 to 5.8 we'd need to
rebuild all our wheels and this is not scalable since there are new pypy
releases every 3/4 months.

Wouldn't it be enough to only include the major version in the wheel name?
Are minor pypy versions really incompatible between them?

Thanks,
Daniele