[pypy-dev] Pypy3 lxml support - please help

Michal Moiseev michal.moiseev at firmitas.solutions
Sun Jul 30 07:53:25 EDT 2017

Hi,
In our firm we are developing on python 3.4, and from performance issues,
we have been trying to see if we we can run our code with pypy3,
I couldn't seem to fine a solution for the lxml package, the pypy
implementation - lxml-cffi is only for python 2.x, and when installing
lxml, it is also seems to work only for python 2.x, and the following error
is printed when trying to import:
  from lxml import etree
  File "src/lxml/xmlschema.pxi", line 22, in init lxml.etree
(src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:231895)
  File "src/lxml/xpath.pxi", line 420, in lxml.etree.XPath.__init__
(src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:173999)
  File "src/lxml/xpath.pxi", line 150, in
lxml.etree._XPathEvaluatorBase.set_context (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:170398)
  File "src/lxml/xpath.pxi", line 66, in
lxml.etree._XPathContext.set_context (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:169176)
  File "src/lxml/extensions.pxi", line 255, in
lxml.etree._BaseContext.registerLocalFunctions
(src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:160400)
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'
thank you!