[pypy-dev] Remaining test_importlib failures

Richard Plangger planrichi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 04:13:59 EDT 2017

Hello,

> Most (or all) tests from test_importlib.frozen are failing because PyPy
> doesn't really have frozen modules (in the sense of CPython, where these
> are a special kind of modules besides normal Python modules and
> extension modules).  Does it sound reasonable to skip these tests
> completely?

IMHO: Yes I would think so. It might be worthwhile to revisit at some
time in the future if people complain that we do not support that. This
should also be documented on pypy.readthedocs.org if we decide not to do
it now.

> Another class of tests is failing because we didn't implement PEP 489
> (Multi-phase extension module initialization) so far.  This is mostly
> cpyext-related, which isn't my area of expertise, but I can look into it
> if noone else is interested.

It does not sound very hard. And since it exposes some new public API
people will start to use it... So I'm +1 to implement it.

Cheers,
Richard