[pypy-dev] bug in socket.py in pypy3-5.8_beta

Armin Rigo armin.rigo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 18:00:20 EST 2017

Hi Jim,

On 13 November 2017 at 21:20,  <zlists at ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> (I'm sure somewhere there is a proper place to report a bug, but I
> gave up after hunting for a few minutes.)
>
> socket.py has the code
>
>     import platform
>         kern_version = tuple(map(int, platform.release().partition('-')[0].split('.')))

Grepping for ``platform.release``, I can only find similar code in
``lib-python/3/test/support/__init__.py``.  I'm not sure that's the
place you mean.  If it really is, then it comes straight from CPython,
and the corresponding problem should be reported to CPython instead at
bugs.python.org (after checking that it still exists in the latest
CPython release).