[pypy-dev] Enhancing the package.py script to download and build dependencies

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 16:58:12 EDT 2017

danchr has submitted a pull request that enables our cffi build step
(executed twice - once during tranlation and once during packaging) to
download external dependencies. This is needed for MacOSX where the
versions of OpenSSL, lzma, and _gdbm are not current or missing for pypy3.
Since it is a departure from current practice, I would like to solicit a
wider base of opinions before committing. The pull request can be seen here
https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/pull-requests/571/support-for-embedding-pypy3-dependencies
and the builds produced are here
http://buildbot.pypy.org/nightly/py3.5-mac-embedding
Any thoughts?