[pypy-dev] Custom scanning methods?

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 16:52:30 EDT 2017

I have a rather complicated structure I'd like to create in RPython. The
structure consists of a heterogeneous array of RPython classes laid out in
a single "byte array". The problem is these structures will contain GC'd
pointers.

Is there a way (and can someone point me to the place) to tell the GC to
use a special scanning method when looking for pointers in a specific
object type? I've read the docs on rstrategies, but that seems to be
dealing mostly with swapping out primitive arrays for object arrays, which
isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!