[pypy-dev] last benchmark run was June 2

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 03:40:55 EDT 2018

We lost the machine that was running our benchmark suite, the last run
sees to have been June2 http://speed.pypy.org/changes/.

Choices:
- Ask the PSF to run on the machine that is used to run benchmarks for
speed.python.org. The machine, speed-python.osuosl.org,  is very
powerful and not heavily used, a description of it is
https://speed.python.org/about/ under "The Machine". The users with
psf-authorized access to the machine, from
https://github.com/python/psf-chef, are fijal, zware, mattip, haypo
(results of "grep python-speed -r ." in that repo)

- Use one of bencher4, baroquesoftware.com, or any other pypy-specific
donated machine.

- Stop running benchmarks

Any thoughts? Do we need nightly benchmarks or should we run them less
often? Should we also be running py3.5 benchmarks? Should we upload to
speed.python.org, speed.pypy.org or both?
Matti