[pypy-dev] Pypy's facelift and certificate issues

Barry Hart barrywhart at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 2 18:21:58 EST 2018

Question about the web site -- does PyPy currently have anything similar to this page for Python 3?
http://py3readiness.org/

I think a page like this, showing which major libraries are compatible with PyPy, could really help drive adoption of PyPy. I know for our team, the Python 3 page was a strong reason we felt "safe" starting to make the switch to Python 3.
I'm not sure how we'd get this information about PyPy library compatibility. One idea would be to install each library on PyPy, run the automated tests, and compare the results against those for CPython.
Barry

    On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 5:31 PM, Kotrfa <kotrfa at gmail.com> wrote:

 Yeah, that's a very good point worth mentioning. I am not against an idea going just with a static version.
po 1. 1. 2018 v 18:05 odesílatel anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> napsal:

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 12:41 PM, Kotrfa <kotrfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> as I said, I am not a professional, but I would be willing to help with the
> site. I have built couple of websites in Django/Wagtail (or plain HTML),
> have some basic knowledge about design (+ frontend CSS/JS/HTML). The site
> seems quite simple, so if we just did a revamp, it shouldn't take a long.
> Also, if we went with Wagtail, adding blog capabilities would be also
> trivial.

Just want to warn that Wagtail and Django means database, which adds
maintenance overhead compared to current static version. Logins, spam
and all that stuff.. I don't mind against custom blog engine, but
putting all static content from version control into Wagtail/Django
database doesn't seem a good solution to me. When site gets hacked,
for example to change donation credentials, there is no trace who did
what. So going with simple static site solution is probably a better
way. It also doesn't require permission or privilege to send a pull
request, and content previews can be made with Netlify.

Happy New Year. =)