[pypy-dev] pypy 5.10 release

Matt Billenstein matt at vazor.com
Tue Jan 2 19:04:15 EST 2018

On Tue, Jan 02, 2018 at 03:25:17PM -0800, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
>    I'm pretty sure that the right solution is to ship your own copy of
>    openssl with the build, so that you're totally independent from Apple's
>    ssl shenanigans. Maybe look at how CPython handles this.

That does seem more common practice -- CPython doesn't do that however, it
links to the old 0.9.8 openssl shipped with OSX since ~10.6.

So it seems we could try to do the same and say the binary pypy releases are
compatible that far back, or link to the newer LibreSSL which would support
perhaps Sierra (10.12) and newer.

Matt Billenstein
matt at vazor.com
http://www.vazor.com/