[pypy-dev] pypy 5.10 release

Matt Billenstein matt at vazor.com
Wed Jan 3 05:12:16 EST 2018

On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 09:08:22AM +0100, Armin Rigo wrote:
> Given that situation my own vote would be to find the easiest solution
> that seems to work (maybe just link to the outdated openssl) and add a
> warning next to the download link on our web page, with a link to the
> homebrew version.

Googling around -- it seems the headers are missing because Apple doesn't want
people linking to that old version of openssl anymore:

https://lists.apple.com/archives/macnetworkprog/2015/Jun/msg00025.html

They're saying to ship your own version of openssl or use their newer native
Secure Transport APIs.

I don't think pypy should link to homebrew libs since that now adds homebrew as
a dependency -- homebrew isn't an official Apple thing and there are competing
things like Fink and MacPorts which people still use.

So, I think updating LibreSSL branches every 6-12 months and using the latest
point release for a new pypy release is probably a good plan.

Matt Billenstein
matt at vazor.com
http://www.vazor.com/