[pypy-dev] [pypy-commit] pypy cpyext-faster-arg-passing: document branch

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 08:49:18 EST 2018

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 12:34 PM, Carl Friedrich Bolz-Tereick <cfbolz at gmx.de
> wrote:

> Hi Anto,
>
> Yes, I ran your benchmarks and they are improved, particularly the ones
> that pass arguments.

​cool :)​

> I need to rerun them now that I merged default. However, I would prefer it
> if we could find a real life cpyext benchmark (maybe using numpy?).

​yes sure, mine are microbenchmarks, although they are still useful for
guiding optimizations.
​
About a real life-ish benchmark, what about this (the first version of
course, the one using cpyext)?
https://morepypy.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/how-to-make-your-code-80-times-faster.html

IIRC, at some point I tried to run it before and after the branches we did
in Cape Town, and I measured a good speedup (although I don't remember how
much). It'd be interesting to check how much we win with your work. I
cannot do it now easily because I'm not at home until the end of the week,
though.

ciao,
Anto