[pypy-dev] module _cppyy disabled in py3.5 release?

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Fri May 4 16:51:38 EDT 2018

Matti,

> Translates and runs. There are two new failing tests,
> http://buildbot.pypy.org/summary?branch=py3.5&category=linux64

not following the number two? I see three new failing tests:

    test_pydoc
    test_site
    test_app

Only one prints something about _cppyy, but I don't understand why.

I can't run any of the tests, however: after starting up, they pretty
quickly print:

test_pydoc.py::unmodified

Then spin for almost 10 minutes and print:

Traceback (application-level):
   File "/home/wlav/aditi/pypy/pypy/tool/pytest/run-script/regrverbose.py", line 4 in <module>
     from test import regrtest, support
   File "/home/wlav/aditi/pypy/lib-python/3/test/regrtest.py", line 199 in <module>
     from test import support
   File "/home/wlav/aditi/pypy/lib-python/3/test/support/__init__.py", line 16 in <module>
     import nntplib
   File "/home/wlav/aditi/pypy/lib-python/3/nntplib.py", line 69 in <module>
     import datetime
ImportError: bad magic number in 'datetime': b'\n\xf3\r\n'
FAILED

Anyway, my best guess is that somehow some _cppyy code runs at startup.
There should be none of that.

I'll copy over the failing pydoc test from p3 to p2 and see whether I can
at least run tests there.

Best regards,
            Wim
--