[pypy-dev] Fwd: [#3588935] Re: PyPy 3 for Windows 64-bit systems

Armin Rigo armin.rigo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 10:53:20 EDT 2018

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 16:48, <Martin.Gfeller at swisscom.com> wrote:
> The Wikipedia article seems to imply that using Cygwin as a compiler on Windows 64 would resolve the problem?

It might, but then you would have to compile all the CPython C
extension modules using Cygwin as well, which is (1) unexpected and
(2) likely to break some
of them not expecting a different 64-bit model.  In addition, I have
no clue about which calling convention Cygwin-on-64bit-Windows is
using, which is important for our JIT.  So no, that's unlikely to be
the right approach to 64-bit Windows.

A bientôt,

Armin.