[pypy-dev] PyPy 3 for Windows 64-bit systems - no download link available

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Sat Oct 27 14:55:11 EDT 2018

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018, Barry wrote:
>> On 21 Oct 2018, at 19:04, Armin Rigo <armin.rigo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 at 16:47, Barry Scott <barry at barrys-emacs.org> wrote:
>>> How odd. sys.maxint on macOS and Fedora is (2**63)-1 not (2**31)-1.
>> That's because MacOS and Fedora are not Windows.
> Do you why windows is unique in this respect?

as I'm struggling with Windows at the moment, I may have an answer ...

I find that for CPython3, sys.maxsize is (2**31)-1 on 32-bits Python and
(2**63)-1 for 64-bits Python builds. With sys.maxint being a Python2 thing,
it may be different there, but it seems 3 at least is perfectly consistent.

Best regards,
            Wim
--
WLavrijsen at lbl.gov    --    +1 (510) 486 6411    --    www.lavrijsen.net