[pypy-dev] Profiling another thread with VMProf real_time

Timothy Palpant tim at palpant.us
Fri Aug 9 13:19:09 EDT 2019

Hi team,

I would like to use VMProf to perform wall-clock profiling (real_time=True)
on another thread in my application. I made a proposal for enabling this in
https://github.com/vmprof/vmprof-python/issues/201 and a corresponding
patch in https://github.com/vmprof/vmprof-python/pull/205. I was hoping
someone could help review it. I'm also happy to have input (and have some
time to work on it) if someone thinks there is a better approach.

I've a handful of other small patches proposed as well to try to help fix
the build on OS X and the real_time_threaded tests, but I'm mostly
interested in this one.

Thanks!
Tim