[pypy-dev] Windows 10 error

Armin Rigo armin.rigo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 10:28:47 EDT 2019

Hi,

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 16:16, Kristóf Horváth
<horvath.kristof.attila at gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded the Windows binary, but pypy3.exe fails on startup with error code 0xc000007b (I tried version 3.6 and 3.5, too). I use Windows 10 x64, can it cause the problem? I read in the building instructions that only a 32-bit version available on Windows at this time, but it should be work on a 64-bit system, right?

Yes.  Assuming (randomly) that this is because of a missing
dependencies, can you try:

1. Install http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582

2. If it doesn't help, check that you have the following files, e.g.
in C:\Windows\System32:

ADVAPI32.dll
WS2_32.dll
VCRUNTIME140.dll