[pypy-dev] pypy 7.3.1 rc1 is available, please test it out

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 03:45:39 EDT 2020

I have uploaded rc1 of the upcoming pypy v7.3.1 to
https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/downloads/

The sha256 hashes are here https://www.pypy.org/download.html#checksums

The release notice is here
https://doc.pypy.org/en/latest/release-v7.3.1.html

Please download the tarball and try it out: make sure the correct
version is reported and that any c-extension modules can be built and
run as expected. As usual, any comments, corrections (especially typos)
will be appreciated.

Matti

N.B: the downloads are still on bitbucket, we will be hosting them
differently soon. The plan is to move/copy buildbot.pypy.org/mirror to
buildbot.pypy.org/pypy, and serve that via PSF infrastructure as
https://downloads.python.org/pypy. Help with redesigning a better
index.html for that page are welcome, I thought of using the twisted
server behind buildbot.pypy.org to template a nicer page, divided into
sections by release and in reverse chronological order.