[pypy-dev] Differences performance Julia / PyPy on very similar codes

PIERRE AUGIER pierre.augier at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Wed Dec 23 17:35:00 EST 2020

I think I understood that what is very slow compared to Julia is looping over a list of Python objects.

def loop_over_list_of_objects(l):
    for o in l:

loop_over_list_of_objects([object() for _ in range(1000)])

See https://github.com/paugier/nbabel/blob/master/py/microbench_sum_x.py

Is there a better way to store Python objects (homogeneous in type) to be able to loop over them more efficiency?

Would it be possible to store them in a contiguous array (if it makes sense for Python objects)?