[pypy-dev] macos buildbot offline

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Thu Jul 9 02:13:54 EDT 2020

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020, matt at vazor.com wrote:

> Boot from a usb installer image and you can clear the disk and install
> to it.

Of course, I've tried that already with an USB installer for Catalina
(APFS support) and El Capitan (pre-APFS) - both installers panic on boot
while probing local hardware because as soon as they find the disk and try
to read the partition table something goes kaboom.

Internet Recovery leads to the same results, because basically it's just
another delivery way for the installer, but as soon as it starts booting
were're at square one.

Is there some way to zero the first blocks of the drive from EFI :) ? Like
in the old good days when Sun still shined, I could enter OpenBoot by
pressing the magic "Stop-A" button and enter the Forth interpreter to do
stuff like that...

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev