[pypy-dev] pypy 3.6 and WinXP

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Thu May 28 11:58:46 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

sorry if this is not the best place to ask the question, feel free to
forward me to a better place for this kind of question :-)

I was wondering PyPy 3.6 is supposed to run on WinXP SP3 32bit. Running
the pypy3.exe says that it not a valid win32 app (but it runs fine on
win7), like if it was a 64bit application only... The vc2015 dependency
install fine on WinXP however there is no mention on PyPy website if it
supposed to work...

WinXP is actually still very common in industrial setups and it would be
great if it would work with PyPy as CPython has drop WinXP support after
3.4.

Cheers,

Denis

--