[pypy-dev] pypy 3.6 and WinXP

Armin Rigo armin.rigo at gmail.com
Fri May 29 04:15:27 EDT 2020

Hi Denis,

On Thu, 28 May 2020 at 18:05, Denis Cardon <dcardon at tranquil.it> wrote:
> WinXP is actually still very common in industrial setups and it would be
> great if it would work with PyPy as CPython has drop WinXP support after
> 3.4.

I see the point.  If some parts of the industry want a modern version
of Python but are otherwise stuck on WinXP, then it can be problematic
for them.  I am rather sure that no-one among the core developers will
do it for free.  I suppose that a contract job could be arranged if
there is enough money, though.  The correct place to discuss this is
probably pypy-z at python.org .