[pypy-dev] Switching nightly builds from py3.6 to py3.7

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 13:16:05 EST 2020

Now that the re fixes are in for py3.7, I think our primary branch for
development should be py3.7, with backports to py3.6 if needed. PEP 494
for python 3.6 has that version in a security-fixes-only stage, so we
should adopt a similar strategy (although some bug-fixes may be needed,
especially around utf8 problems that are still cropping up).

Toward that end, I have updated the buildbot configuration to build
nightlies off the py3.7 branch instead of the py3.6 branch. So if you
wish to obtain a newer build of py3.6, you will need to manually trigger
the buildbots.

This does not change the status of the default branch.

Please let me know if this was too fast and you feel we should continue
to use py3.6 as our primary branch for development.

Matti