[pypy-dev] PyPy.org 2021 redesign suggestion

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 01:26:11 EST 2021

On 1/1/21 11:57 PM, Panos Laganakos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was going over the PyPy website the other day, and something kept
> bugging me. While the project itself is in great condition really
> amazing at what it does, the website felt that it wasn't giving that
> information to the average visitor.
>
> So, I took a stab at it, with a basic mockup:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnabjxy4aybfp1y/pypy.org-0.3.png?dl=0
>
> And here is an annotated version:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/r817xirkhcm9dks/pypy.org-0.3-annotations.png?dl=0
> (hover over the image to see the annotations)
>
> And an announcement header one:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fnvjcdm4aak7ys/pypy.org-0.3-announcement.png?dl=0
>
> Let me know what you think.
>

> --
> Pãnoș
> https://panoslaganakos.com

Thanks for the suggestions. That is quite an overhaul! I took the
liberty of opening an issue on the repo that builds the website
https://foss.heptapod.net/pypy/pypy.org/-/issues/7. The site is built
using Nikola and a pypy-specific theme. Would you be up to trying to
implement parts/all of the design as merge requests to that repo? Then
we could fine tune the ideas iteratively.

Matti