[pypy-dev] PyPy.org 2021 redesign suggestion

Panos Laganakos panos.laganakos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 06:43:43 EST 2021

Glad you like it!

Yeah, while the project itself is a banger, the "image" of PyPy is a bit
lacking. But nothing that can't be fixed. I've set up my work schedule to
have time to contribute to one non-work project, so I'm here to help with
it if I can.

Yes, I can look into implementing this properly into Nikola, after we
settle on a design.

Matti:
I'll change the quote font. As for the color scheme I'll try a few and
upload the variants and we can pick the one that most of you like best.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 12:03 PM Antonio Cuni <anto.cuni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Pãnoș,
> thank you for this!
>
> Personally I like it a lot. As Matti pointed out, in order to be used it
> needs to be turned into a Nikola theme but hopefully it's not too hard.
> Historically we as a group have been very bad at designing and
> implementing the website, so having someone who cares and can do this is
> awesome!
>
> My personal hope is that this is the starting point for you to become a
> regular contributor to PyPy, we would appreciate it a lot :).
>
> ciao,
> Anto
>

> On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 1:25 AM Panos Laganakos <panos.laganakos at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was going over the PyPy website the other day, and something kept
>> bugging me. While the project itself is in great condition really amazing
>> at what it does, the website felt that it wasn't giving that information to
>> the average visitor.
>>
>> So, I took a stab at it, with a basic mockup:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnabjxy4aybfp1y/pypy.org-0.3.png?dl=0
>>
>> And here is an annotated version:
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/r817xirkhcm9dks/pypy.org-0.3-annotations.png?dl=0
>> (hover over the image to see the annotations)
>>
>> And an announcement header one:
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fnvjcdm4aak7ys/pypy.org-0.3-announcement.png?dl=0
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>>

>> --