[pypy-dev] Some web benchmarks

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:57:31 EST 2021

On 1/26/21 7:07 PM, Oliver Margetts wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> not sure where to post this, so I'll put it here. We recently wrote a
> blog post where we benchmarked some python web frameworks:
> https://suade.org/dev/12-requests-per-second-with-python/
>
> One of the big conclusions was: if you want faster code, use pypy! I
> was pleasantly surprised as I was under the impression that web wasn't
> pypy's strongest area (I'm not sure where from). I wondered if you
> would consider adding something as simple as a "Hello, World"
> benchmark to speed.pypy.org <http://speed.pypy.org>?
>
> Aside from that, thanks for all of your efforts on making pypy fast!

Thanks!. I liked the post. We have a simple django benchmark in the
suite which shows PyPy to be about 4x faster for templating[0], I don't
think it actually sets up for answering requests. There is a need for
more complete site benchmarking like in your post.

You may be interested in a deep dive[1] into profiling one django app
with PyPy.

Matti

[0]
https://foss.heptapod.net/pypy/benchmarks/-/blob/branch/default/unladen_swallow/performance/bm_django.py#L34