[pypy-dev] Syscall Interface slowness

Carl Friedrich Bolz-Tereick cfbolz at gmx.de
Sat May 1 17:12:05 EDT 2021

Hi Emre,

IO can definitely be slower than CPython, but not in all cases. A few of
them are known and we try to improve them, eg readline operations on
files:

https://foss.heptapod.net/pypy/pypy/-/issues/3126

5x is definitely too much of a difference, if you can minimize that to a
small self-contained example, that would be a very valuable bug report
and we would definitely try to fix it.

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich