[pypy-dev] release candidates for bugfix v7.3.5 are available

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Sun May 2 16:17:16 EDT 2021

In order to fix some problems with the 7.3.4 release, I am releasing a
7.3.5 bugfix. The rc1 candidates are available at
https://downloads.python.org/pypy/ and the checksums can be found in the
PR to pypy.org
https://608f07a183d23c00083f6115--keen-mestorf-442210.netlify.app/download_advanced.html#checksums

The changes are (as can be seen in the release note
https://doc.pypy.org/en/latest/release-v7.3.5.html):

- The new windows 64-bit builds improperly named c-extension modules
with the same extension as the 32-bit build (issue 3443)

- A change to the python 3.7 sysconfig.get_config_var('LIBDIR') was
wrong, leading to problems finding libpypy3-c.so for embedded PyPy
(issue 3442).

- Two upstream (CPython) security patches were applied: BPO 42988 to
remove pydoc.getfile and BPO 43285 to not trust the PASV response in ftplib.
- When assigning the full slice of a list, evaluate the rhs before
clearing the list (issue 3440)
- On Python2, PyUnicode_Contains accepts bytes as well as unicode.
- Update the packaged sqlite3 to 3.35.5 on windows. While not a bugfix,
this seems like an easy win.

Please try out the release candidates soon so I can finish the release.

Matti