[pypy-issue] [issue1002] Improve JIT documentation
Carl Friedrich Bolz
tracker at bugs.pypy.org
Tue Jan 17 16:22:46 CET 2012
New submission from Carl Friedrich Bolz <cfbolz at gmx.de>:
Applying the JIT to an interpreter should have some better documentation. All
the information is basically there (in blog posts, papers, docstrings, tests
etc) but not really organized/approachable:
- which tools are there to inspect generated traces
- what are the basic hints that can be given via the jit driver?
- when is using unroll_safe a good idea?
- how to use virtualizables?
- what are the exact restrictions on their use?
- what to do when tracing stops most of the time due to a virtualizable escape
- hint(self, access_directly=True, fresh_virtualizable=True)
- how do virtualrefs work?
- what are quasi-immutable fields?
nosy: cfbolz, pypy-issue
title: Improve JIT documentation
PyPy bug tracker <tracker at bugs.pypy.org>
More information about the pypy-issue