[pypy-issue] Issue #1897: Regression in 2.3 that causes Pypy.exe to crash when PyFFI is run (pypy/pypy)
Xavier de Rauville
issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Oct 20 06:14:40 CEST 2014
New issue 1897: Regression in 2.3 that causes Pypy.exe to crash when PyFFI is run
Xavier de Rauville:
At some point between Pypy v2.2.1 and v2.3, a change was made to Pypy which is causing a program I use called PyFFI to crash when it is run. The problem is still present in Pypy v2.4
I am using Windows 8.1 if my OS is relevant to the problem.
Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Extract the contents of *PyFFI Toaster.7z* to anywhere on your PC.
2. Extract the contents of *Pypy root.7z* into the root directory of a Pypy 2.2.1 installation.
3. Open the *PyFFI Toaster* folder you extracted.
4. Edit *oblivion_optimize - pypy.bat* to point to the correct location of **Pypy.exe** and the **Scripts** folder that you extracted.
5. Run *oblivion_optimize - pypy.bat* (if you're using Windows. If you are using a different platform, you will need to create an equivalent script for your platform). Let it run for a few seconds to make sure it works then force close or wait for the process to finish.
6. Repeat the above for a Pypy v2.3 or later installation (you may need to delete the contents of *PyFFI Toaster/Out*).
What should happen:
Your PC's CPU becomes fully loaded, a log file appears in the *PyFFI Toaster* folder with a lot of text and files get placed in the Out folder.
What happens with Pypy v2.3 - 2.4:
Pypy.exe crashes, a log file appears in the *PyFFI Toaster* folder with an error and maybe a bit more text and you may see the message box shown in **PyFFI error.png** if you're using Windows.
More information about the pypy-issue