[py-dev] Problems with DOS files

Brian Dorsey briandorsey at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 18:58:33 CET 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:11:01 +0100, holger krekel <hpk at trillke.net> wrote:
> If so, the only open question is how to make the .bat windows
> script do the "nearby" detection. If the .bat language is really
> too limited to do this then there should be a "py.test.py" in
> winscript/ that has to be copied alongside "py.test.bat" and hopefully
> it is possible to dynamically get to "py.test.py" from a
> "py.test.bat" in the same directory?!

Holger,

I'm not sure if this relates or not, but I ran into it again today,
and it might serve as inspiration if nothing else:

http://effbot.org/zone/exemaker.htm

"ExeMaker is a small tool that takes a Python script, copies it to a
program directory, and creates a Windows EXE file in the same
directory. When you run that EXE, it automatically runs the script.
In other words, ExeMaker lets you install command-line programs
written in Python along with other utilities, and use them without
having to bother with PY associations, BAT files, or other
workarounds."

Take care,
-Brian