[py-dev] generative tests : setup/teardown?

anurag uniyal anuraguniyal at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 12:53:44 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have just changed our testing framework from PyUnit to py.tests and so I am very new to it.

I was trying to write some generative tests so that my mutiple tests can be easily generated as they differ only by few parameters.
It works fine except that it seem generative tests are not treated equal to normal tests (test_*)
because setup_method is not called every time for each generated tests and that makes it impossible for me to use generative tests in my case.

Is it expected behaviour? what is the alternative?

Thanks and Regards
Anurag