[py-dev] issues running py.execnet

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Fri Jan 11 22:27:48 CET 2008

Hi Sol (i am adding py-dev again to CC),

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 16:22 -0500, Sol Simpson wrote:
> If I put a gw.exit() at the end of the script, then it ends OK.
>
> Is that all it was, that I did not have and exit at the end of the script?

ah - i initially thought that the "channel.receive()" call
itself hang and not the try to leave the python interpreter.

Indeed, you should "gw.exit()" - the automatic cleanup semantics
(at process exit) are not reliable yet throughout python versions,
i am afraid.

best,

holger

--