[py-dev] pytest-cov new cmd line options, reports, sub process support (not released though)

meme dough memedough at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 08:40:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've been looking at reworking pytest-cov a bit.

The cmd line options are just down to 3 with .coveragerc file used to
control rest.

For dist=each mode just combine and do one report since people
indicate that's desirable.

Also added collecting sub process coverage as well.  Provided that env
vars make it to the sub process then it's coverage will get measured.
It also works straight out of the box.

It uses the up coming coverage 3.4 which has new api to specify source
roots so it won't be released until after coverage released, but I'm
not in hurry myself.

In case anyone is interested you can try out the 1.0a1 with something
like this to get sandbox area to play with:

cd /tmp
virtualenv --distribute --no-site-packages e1
source e1/bin/activate
wget http://bitbucket.org/memedough/coverage.py/get/1a09065be67b.tar.gz
tar xvzf 1a09065be67b.tar.gz
cd coverage.py
python setup.py install
cd /tmp
wget http://bitbucket.org/memedough/pytest-cov/get/9cc5f8c43fd8.tar.gz
tar xvzf 9cc5f8c43fd8.tar.gz
cd pytest-cov
python setup.py install

Note that I have a temp fork of coverage just to fix it's own pytest
plugin that causes pytest to crash.  So I will delete that once
upstream fixed.

:)