[py-dev] unittest2 plugin system for python stdlib

Philippe Fremy phil at freehackers.org
Fri Jul 30 16:40:54 CEST 2010

Hi Holger,

I don't know if you are following python-dev, but in case not, you
definitely need to have a look at this:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2010-July/102526.html
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/weblog/arch_d7_2010_07_24.shtml#e1186

To quote:
"As part of the prototype I have been implementing some example plugins
(in unittest2/plugins/) so I can develop the mechanism against real
rather than imagined use cases. Jason Pellerin, creator of nose, has
been providing me with feedback and has been trying it out by porting
some of the nose plugins to unittest [1]. His initial comment on the
system was "it looks very flexible and clean". ;-)"

I am sure that your feedback would be very valuable too, given the
extrem pluginness of py.test .

cheers,

Philippe