[py-dev] reversing fixture/xunit setup call order?

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sun Dec 16 20:24:18 CET 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 13:21 +0100, Ronny Pfannschmidt wrote:
> sounds like the correct curse of action else legacy tests cant be
> integrated with fixtures propperly

"curse of action" ... like that one :)

> i wonder if we should go as far as allowing fixtures to be arguments
> to pytest xunit test functions

that'd be tricky at least for setup_module and setup_method/function which
support a positional argument.  Note that you can easily turn your setup
function into one that accepts fixtures:

    @pytest.fixture
    def setup_method(self, request, tmpdir, ...):

In this case there is no positional argument but you can get the
current function under test via ``request.function``.
I think it's clearer to add that extra line.

holger