[pytest-dev] Setting up tox

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 23:58:53 CEST 2014

On 16 April 2014 17:43, holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:

> No, i mean that "python3.3" should be on the path because tox.ini
> defines that tests should work against the "py33" environment which
> implies a working "python3.3" interpreter.  How you invoke "runtox.py"
> is a different thing and it does need tox installed in the interpreter
> you are invoking the script with.

So, what is the answer?
1) Install multiple pythons in a single virtualenv, somehow
2) Install tox system-wide, in which case how does it know about my
development version of py.test? (from current working dir?)

The contributing guide does say to install tox in the virtualenv. I am
happy to update it...once I know what I am actually supposed to do.

Brianna

http://modernthings.org/