[pytest-dev] pytest logo / comments welcome

Florian Schulze mail at florian-schulze.net
Tue Apr 29 11:26:09 CEST 2014

On 29 Apr 2014, at 10:28, holger krekel wrote:

> My plan is to go for 99designs and guarantee some 250 euros for the
> final logo.  There are a few questions they want as background where
> i'd
> like to hear opinions :)

I looked a bit around on the page and I don't see how the designer side
of things really works. Do designers get money for drafts, or only for
the final design? If the latter, then I think this exploits the
designers. They would then do stuff for free in the hope to get paid.
Just something to consider.

> - should it be a little animal? should it be abstract?

I would say abstract ones are often simpler, but especially in regard to
testing no ideas would come to my mind at least.

> - should it contain the text "pytest" or "py.test" or nothing?

I would tend to "py.test".

> - should it have snakes?
>
> - should it have a goat in some way in it?

If animals are used, then they should be very stylized, so the logo
works with few or only one color as well.

> - any colors you'd prefer?

Maybe fitting to the current docs.

> - any testing tool related logos you like?

No idea.

Regards,
Florian Schulze