[pytest-dev] pytest-2.6.3: some fixes
holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Sep 24 15:02:45 CEST 2014
pytest-2.6.3: fixes and little improvements
pytest is a mature Python testing tool with more than a 1100 tests
against itself, passing on many different interpreters and platforms.
This release is drop-in compatible to 2.5.2 and 2.6.X.
See below for the changes and see docs at:
As usual, you can upgrade from pypi via::
pip install -U pytest
Thanks to all who contributed, among them:
- fix issue575: xunit-xml was reporting collection errors as failures
instead of errors, thanks Oleg Sinyavskiy.
- fix issue582: fix setuptools example, thanks Laszlo Papp and Ronny
- Fix infinite recursion bug when pickling capture.EncodedFile, thanks
- fix issue589: fix bad interaction with numpy and others when showing
exceptions. Check for precise "maximum recursion depth exceed" exception
instead of presuming any RuntimeError is that one (implemented in py
dep). Thanks Charles Cloud for analysing the issue.
- fix conftest related fixture visibility issue: when running with a
CWD outside a test package pytest would get fixture discovery wrong.
Thanks to Wolfgang Schnerring for figuring out a reproducable example.
- Introduce pytest_enter_pdb hook (needed e.g. by pytest_timeout to cancel the
timeout when interactively entering pdb). Thanks Wolfgang Schnerring.
- check xfail/skip also with non-python function test items. Thanks
More information about the Pytest-dev