[pytest-dev] thanking for PRs?

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 09:48:45 EST 2015

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 12:30 PM holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:

> I was wondering about the practise to have PR authors add themselves
> to AUTHORS and CHANGELOG.  The latter particularly is a bit odd, i.e.
> to thank yourself for submitting a PR.  What do you all think about
> having the merger do this last bit (changelog entry)?  AUTHORS
> can also be usually obtained from the history so that contributors
> can concentrate on tests, code and possibly docs.

Often when I merge a PR I do so using GitHub's web interface because I'm
not at my workstation so I don't have the code checked out, but it is easy
enough to also use GitHub's web interface to edit and commit the CHANGELOG
file directly to master after the merge, so I'm not against changing the
policy regarding the CHANGELOG.

About AUTHORS, if we are changing things, IMHO we can delete that file and
add a link to the README pointing to
https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/graphs/contributors or
https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/network/members.

Cheers,